Sunday, October 26, 2014

NaNoWriMo Approcheth!

So I've spent the past weekend working on a long list of things to get ready for NaNoWriMo. Lots of random chores, a bit more cleaning up the house from the move, and getting ready for next weekend.

One of the things I realized I needed last time for my story, which I will be continuing for my 2014 NaNo, was a family tree for my Main Character. He's a spoiled brat of a Noble family in England, so he would probably always be bragging about them. Friday, I realized I could do it without doing a full family tree. After all, most families don't have stories about every member of their family. So I started a fic called "20 (or More) Important Members of the Bothwick Family." It's been interesting coming up with good periods in history to fit his family into. Still working on them, but I think that's my task for the week. Looking forward to coming up with more.

I have a nice long list of events that need to happen in the story. I made a list for each of my major players in the story and wove them together in a basic outline. We'll see how much more that will get me. I figure I'll have to redo it as I go, but then, I always do, so that doesn't worry me in the least.

The NaNoWriMo site has updated once more, and now it stores all of your former NaNos, and so I spent a lot of time at the beginning of the month making up covers for my old NaNos. Some I'm more happy with than others, but it's so great to see them all lined up like that. I can't believe I've been doing this for so long. I have a total of 8 former winning stories, though one is the story I will be attempting to finish this year--Catalyst. I hit 50k, but it was nowhere near done. It's possibly the longest thing I've ever done for NaNoWriMo. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it this time.

I've also been planning food for the next month. Every year, I make a giant pot of spaghetti sauce and freeze a bunch, so that's something I'll be doing next weekend. I've made up a list of the things I'll need, and I'll probably go shopping tomorrow to get it all. I've also been considering getting a large pizza delivered Friday or so. Might even make a pot of Peruvian Chicken Breasts and make tacos with them. Beyond that, I'm not sure what I'll do food-wise, but I'll probably go with frozen for the rest. Might see if anyone's willing to give me a trip to Grocery Outlet to see what I can find there. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment