Sunday, August 29, 2010

More food experiments - Peruvian Grilled Chicken

Made a new recipe tonight--well, actually yesterday, and it marinaded for 24 hours.

Peruvian Grilled Chicken from the Epicurious website.

I did the recipe as on the website, though I used dried garlic as I had no fresh, and I used chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. Mixed up the marinade, and it smelled absolutely delicious. Put the breasts in a ziplock bag, poured in the marinade, then rolled it up and put it in the fridge.

Tonight, instead of grilling it (I do have access to one, but I don't feel comfortable using it for a couple of reasons), I put it in the oven at 350 for 40 minutes. Came out perfect. Just slightly zippy and earthy and absolutely delicious.

I think I'll grill second breast on our countertop grill, cut it up, then make a chicken taco out of it. It's got just the right flavour for it.

I'll definitely be using this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment