Monday, November 23, 2020

Reading Life as of November 23, 2020

So...it's been a while. I knew I said I would try to post these frequently so this didn't happen, but I failed. Partially because I was doing NaNoWriMo again this year, but partially because it's been a stressful month with lockdowns starting again, and not being able to go to Thanksgiving. But at least that means there's been a lot of movement in my reading. I have been listening to lots of audio books at work, as well as finishing an ebook or two, which has meant some distinct movement in my reading lists.

My last post mentioned Black Swan, but as soon as I started listening, I knew I wouldn't be finishing that one that way, so it went back to the library. But I've found a bunch of different books, including Disney's Twisted Tales, of which I have listened to two of, and the Ravenspire Chronicles, which I have listened to three of so far. 

Upcoming reviews in the next couple days, so that I don't spam everyone:

  • The City of Brass (Audio Book) (Daevabad Trilogy Book 1) by SA Chakraborty
  • The Red Queen (Audio Book) (Red Queen Book 1) by Victoria Aveyard
  • The Princess Will Save you (Audio Book) (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky Book 1) by Sarah Henning
  • A Whole New World (Audio Book) (Disney Twisted Tales Book 1) by Liz Braswell
  • Red Rising (Audio Book) (Red Rising Series Book 1) by Pierce Brown
  • The Shadow Queen (Audio Book) (Ravenspire Book 1) by CJ Redwine
  • The Wish Granter (Audio Book) (Ravenspire Book 2) by CJ Redwine
  • The Cruel Prince (e-Book) (The Folk of the Air Book 1) by Holly Black
  • The Traitor Prince (Audio Book) (Ravenspire Book 3) by CJ Redwine
  • The Lost Sisters (Audio Book) (The Folk of the Air Book 1.5) by Holly Black
  • Once Upon a Dream (Audio Book) (Disney Twisted Tales Book 2) by Liz Braswell
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Audio Book) by Stacey Jay
As you can see, I'm able to blow through the Audio books, though after a while, they do blend a little, so I try to vary it by genre a little if I can. Red Queen, Red Rising, and Of Beast and Beauty are Sci Fi takes on their respective tales. Some are much closer to their story origins than others. And of course, more series than not.

As of now, I am currently reading:

  • William Shakespeare's the Empire Striketh Back (William Shakespeare's Star Wars #5) by Ian Doescher - 73% (I think I accidentally put the page count here last time instead of the percentage, because it said 75%)
  • Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - 62%
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard - 36%
I also have two other Audio Books that I will be listening to once I'm done with Glass Sword:

Audio Book Library Holds:
I have a bunch I can just grab the Audio Books when I'm ready for another book, too:
  • The sequel to City of Brass, The Kingdom of Copper
  • The next in the Ravenspire books, the Blood Spell
  • The next in the Red Rising Sequence, Golden Son
So I'm good through the end of the year. I think.

I also got so many "read" this way that I upped my Book Challenge on Goodreads to 60, and as of Friday, I am at 58 books read. So I should be done by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Any above 60 will just be additions. But Audio Books have gone so well, I'm considering trying for 90 next year. But let's see what the next month brings first, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment