Monday, January 29, 2018

Hi again

I realize I've been a bit scattered with this blog, but I'm hoping to get blogging again, particularly when it comes to my writing. I also plan to write about my cooking as I have done in the past, with links and hopefully pictures as well. I'd also like to post tips on genealogy here. We'll see which of those three I manage the most.

My goals for this year were to work on a few different things:

  1. I do the Goodreads challenge every year and have for about five years now. My reading challenge this year is 50 books, but in addition, I'm focusing only on sequels because I've been reading so many series without finishing them. if I manage to get through the 50, I then plan to add in Jewish stories, as it is of particular genealogical interest to me. And if I get through ten of those, or 60 books total, then I want to go through some of the classics I haven't managed to get to yet. We'll see how far I get. Doing okay so far. I've already finished 5 books so far this year.
  2. Then there's my genealogy. I've started up my Ancestry subscription once more, and I plan to see if I can push myself further into the past, and to get all of my great-grandparents' siblings and their families detailed on the site. I also want to get my ideas for my new family books firmed up. I've already had some success finding new things in my tree, but I'm hoping for more. I also plan to help a few friends with theirs, if I can.
  3. I've also decided to get better about my expenses and bills. Specifically to save for genealogy, trips, clothes, and cat expenses. I've got a few things in the works. We'll see if any of it works.
  4. Then of course, there's my blogging. I've let it drop off in the last few years, aside from the Good news posts I did last year. Those got to be too much to deal with, but I have so many things to blog about. I've been trying to share the records I've found for the Hillinger/Seneft/Kresch/Reich families with that branch on Facebook. I also need to get posting on Oh, Spusch more often. And to my review blog as well. Then there's this blog. I want to work on writing here about writing, genealogy how-to, and cooking.
  5. Cooking goals for this year are making one crock-pot meal a week because I got a new crock pot for Christmas. I've got a nice long list to work from, and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with it. I'll write up the success stories at the very least. I will possibly also post about new sources of recipes, and tips and tricks as well. I may also write up my new crock pot, which is awesome, and definitely my all-time favorite present this year.
  6. Last but not least is Writing. Every year, I do the NaNoWriMo challenge, which is about the only time I manage to write anything significant. I managed to get my 50k for last NaNoWriMo, but I haven't finished the story, so I need to do that. I also always set the goal of getting some of the previous NaNos finished, but I haven't managed any but the Fanfic ones so far. So I will try again.
I think I'll try to do a weekly check-in of my goals here, and I'll make lists and posts about Genealogy, Cooking, and Writing. So here's to a more productive year.

No comments:

Post a Comment