Thursday, February 10, 2011

New recipe - Tropical Island Chicken

*waves* Hi! I am still alive. Been busy with Christmas and a few less-fun things, but I'm doing a recipe, so I thought I'd share it today.

I started with this recipe at Food.com for Tropical Island Chicken.

My changes:
I always use breasts, as I'm not a fan of dark meat the way most people are.
Instead of onion powder, I used flakes, and instead of garlic salt I used garlic powder. There was plenty of other salt in the recipe, so I didn't bother to replace it.
I also had to replace the crushed pineapple because I realized I had none, so I used half of a citrus-flavoured Sobe, though hopefully if I like this, I'll be trying it again with actual pineapple. I also cut the amounts of the sauce recipe in half because of that, and I still worry that I ended up with too much.
Instead of the 30 minutes after saucing, I'm going to check it at 10, and another 10 after that, just to see how it looks. I might add more sauce then, too.

Should be interesting. We'll see if it works. Smells great in here right now. :) I'll let you know how it turns out.

ETA: Well, post-eating, it wasn't rich enough, and cooked a bit too long. I definitely think it would be much better with actual pineapple, so I might try it again. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment