Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Recipe Experiments - Cheesy Bacon Breasts

Tried something new tonight. Turned out quite good.

I started with this base recipe: Kelsey's Cheesy Bacon Breasts.

My changes:
I'm not fond of mustard, and one of the comments below the main recipe suggested marinading the chicken in vinegar, so I decided to start by taking the oil and a teaspoon of mustard powder and adding it to about a half cup of apple cider vinegar, then putting that and the chicken in a baggie and setting it in the fridge for an hour.

Once I was done marinading it, I discarded the marinade and put the chicken in a pan in the oven and cooked it for ten minutes, flipped it, and cooked for ten more, then put barbeque sauce and bacon bits (instead of real bacon) on it and cooked for five more minutes before adding the cheese, and finished with another five minutes.

Was absolutely delicious and very filling. I definitely recommend it. Would be great with some asparagus or broccoli.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to leave a comment at Oh Spusch! but the comment frame isn't large enough to show the word verification nor a scroll bar that will allow me to access it. I tried finding a way to contact you but there is no contact information included. I love Oh Spusch! and have given it the Ancestor Approved Award at Fables and Endless Genealogies. I'd very much like to comment - would you be willing to update your theme or correct the code of the current one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. Thank you. :D

    I share that blog with my sister, and she has the admin options, so I'll talk to her about changing it this weekend.

    If you would like to contact me personally, feel free to email me at elfflame at hotmail.

    ReplyDelete