Friday, October 8, 2010

Busy and genealogy-filled week this week.

Went up to my Aunt's cabin on the coast on the West side of the Olympics with my aunt, my mom, my sister, and my niece. I was a bit nervous to be without the Net for two days, but I was surprised how little I missed it. I missed people I talk to, but that was about it.

Sis brought her computer so we could go through family photos, and I found a few extra branches to our family tree--two which I knew about, but one which I did not, and still need to find the exact connection to my tree, but, still very exciting to have more names. Sorted out a few things, still working on others, but it was a very productive and nice visit.

I spent some of today and a little of last week looking through images of the paperwork about my father's father's family in Germany. I'm pretty sure I have towns now. Next step is to look into a few addresses I have (one in Germany, possibly two in London), and look on JewishGen for more information about those specific towns.

I also spent some time today looking into the Howells/Gabriel line. I might have found a bio of the man I currently have listed as the father (Even Lewis) of the matriarch (Catherine Jones) of that family, but the link was broken. All I can do is hope that the link will be fixed at some point.

I still have a long way to go on both searches, but I do feel like I'm making baby steps, at least.

Follow Friday Links:
* George Geder at Geder Genealogy talked about some of the things missing in Genealogy programs, in particular, blended family support and ethnicity. Pt 1, Pt 2, Part 3. He also posted a fun list of 10 Essentials for Genealogy & Family History Success. I might have to make my own list like that... But I loved his choices.

* Laura at It's All Relative posted her 12 Step Program for Genealogists.

* The Jewish Gen Blog added two more articles about Natural Disasters in our Families' lives. Part 3, Part 4.

* Lorine McGinnis Schulze at Olive Tree Genealogy wrote about getting past Brick Walls.

No events in my family tree events list this week.

Hope everyone else had a good week, and is looking forward to the weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment