Friday, August 27, 2010

Food experiment--Casear Salad Chicken Wrap

So we went to the store last night and I got a whole bunch of a lot more fresh ingredients than I usually buy. I've got a post I'm going to try to put together about the recipe sites I've been using, but this one came right off the top of my head. I based it on something mom and grandma and I used to get at the Cucina Fresco near Grandma's old nursing home.

I got one of those packs of pre-cooked chicken strips, put half of the package (a small handful or quarter cup) in a bowl, then added half a plum tomato (my favorite tomato), 1/5 of a yellow pepper (any colour would work), a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, a small handful of shredded Italian cheese (I get this mixed, but this could be real shredded Parmesan or mozzarella, or any of your favorite Italian cheese, shredded or crumbled small), then I added a quarter cup of Caesar dressing to the bowl, mixed it all up, then added three large handfuls of romaine lettuce (though any crisp lettuce would work well in this), and mixed again. I put all this in a pre-heated burrito-sized tortilla, then did my best to roll it up (though it didn't work too well, as I'd overfilled it). nice and crispy and very tasty, if I do say so myself. The amount I made would feed two people nicely with some soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment