Sunday, March 13, 2016

Recipe Experiment: Crescent Pizza Pockets

So Foodie came over yesterday, and I had some crescent rolls in my fridge, so I asked if she wanted to make something with them, so we decided to make these Crescent Pizza Pockets. They turned out pretty great.

We made some minor adjustments to the recipe, and didn't exactly measure ingredient sizes, so they dribbled a bit, but they were still delicious.For the sauce, we used my current favorite flavor of Classico: Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic. We also used a cheese blend I get from the store with a bunch of Italian cheeses instead of just mozzarella. And on top of the cheese, we added a bit of oregano.

They turned out great, if a bit soft. I might lower the temperature for the next time I try them and cook them at least five minutes more.

Pictures:
all stuffed, one folded. You can see the oregano on the top of the cheese here.

Ready to be cooked. We had some issues with them splitting, but it was easy enough to pinch the splits together.

Finished. There were less dribbles than I expected for how overstuffed they were. You can see the parm on mine if you squint.

I still have another can of rolls. I might make something like this. I've got a thing of string cheese in my fridge at the moment, after all. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment