Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Update

Got a cold this week, so I took it pretty easy today.

I've been going through the blogs I read on Google reader each Thursday and double-checking to see if they've been updated, and I finally got to the point where I could tell some hadn't been updated in at least a month, so I ended up unsubscribing to a dozen or so blogs, which should decrease the excess a little. We'll see.

Made two posts today at Oh, Spusch.

The first was part three of my Visual Family Tree, the Bordewicks. It was a bit odd doing that one, because unlike the others, that one feels like two trees merging--mostly because my great-grandfather was Norwegian, and my great-grandmother was Irish. There's at least one more picture I want to add to that one, though I'd love to find a shot of Heinrich and Harde to post as well. I also added a shot of Dad and his siblings with their parents to the Hillinger tree, and I'll be doing the same with Grumpy's family when we get a shot I got from my aunt scanned in and posted.

The other was a Disclosure Statement, because I found an article talking about why they're important to Genealogy Bloggers. I highly recommend any blogger out there read it. Even if you don't think you're making money for yourself, anything you say in your blog could be construed as an endorsement.

Not following any new blogs today.

No events this week in my family tree (before 1920, anyway...).

I'm thinking about playing with the sheets I found last week before I move on to doing timelines and question sheets for each of my grandparents, just so that I have a few more ideas of what I want and what I need for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment